Thursday 12 March 2009

Facade refurbishment


Following my earlier post, here's an image which shows a first attempt at updating the school elevation which fronts the street and wall.

The majority of the building has been re-clad in vertically laid willow reeds, with the windows being made much smaller. The stair elements have been rendered white (the one shown connects to the new library building) and the new classrooms on the ground floor have been given a simple rendered finish, using the colour palette adopted elsewhere.

I'm not entirely convinced by this at the minute, I like the simplicity of it, I don't think it requires a complex resolution. It may just be that this drawing doesn't quite do it justice or perhaps I need to play with the proportions of the windows etc.

0 comments: