Friday 8 May 2009

Visuals

When thinking about how I represent this building in three dimensions I decided to try several different ways. I've used sketches and models throughout the design process, with little 3d computer modelling. I wanted to try and do something I've not done so much of in the past so rather than 3d renderings have opted for a large physical model and a series of sketches/drawings to explain the site and proposal.

The image below shows the crèche, which is adjacent to the main entrance of the school. Hand drawing is not my greatest strength, so I've gone for the clean line drawing with photoshopped textures, shadows etc. Although it doesn't instantly come across as being hand drawn, I'm happy with the outcome and intend to use this to produce a few more visuals as well as a sectional perspective.

The image at the bottom is a photo of my physical model, taken on my phone so apologies for the poor quality. I just have a few dozen trees to make and then it'll be done.

As always, I'm interested in any comments you may have.



1 comments:

Linzi Morris said...

Wooo massive model!

Your image looks good, the building stands out from the background. i'd take the child out from the front of the image tho, it detracts slightly.